You will be amazed at all the different ways that you can use Vaseline! Our post shows you 50 ideas that will blow your mind!
Vaseline has been around for years! We all remember Mum using it for cuts and scrapes when we were kids, but its much more versatile than that. We’ve put together a collection of very handy, easy and inexpensive uses for Vaseline.
Be sure to scroll our post to view them all. You can even fix scratches on your LCD Screen or Mobile Phone with Vaseline. Start by gently cleaning the screen, then rub a little Vaseline into the scratch so it’s completely filled. Wipe off any excess.
Vaseline or Petroleum Jelly is perfect for repairing scuffs or scratches on your leather shoes or heels, plus it also helps waterproof leather. Simply rub on a little with a soft cloth.
It will save you lots of $$$ and extend the life of your favorite shoes.
Did you know you can protect your Car Battery from corrosion simply and cheaply by rubbing a little Vaseline on the tops of your battery terminals.
It forms a water resistant barrier to stop the acid creating rust. Be very careful NOT to touch both terminals together when you’re doing this! It will also protect your metal tools from corrosion if you smear a little on them.
Vaseline Painting Tip via Sincerely Sarah
You can also use it to prevent rust on metal tools, extend the life of your car battery, repair scuffed leather shoes or waterproof them. You can give wooden furniture that antique distressed look too.
Simply brush over the edges of the piece you’re working on with Vaseline, paint as usual then use an old cloth or a light sandpaper to rub it off. You’ll be amazed how well this works!
Make Perfume Last Longer via The Indian Spot
Here’s a brilliant hack. Rub Vaseline on your pulse points before spraying your perfume. It will last much longer. Who knew!
Vaseline Beauty Uses via The Indian Spot
As you can see from above, Vaseline comes in very handy when it comes to beauty. You can use it to lengthen and thicken your eyelashes, keep unruly eyebrows in place, hydrate your dimples and you can use it with your blush and eyeshadow.
A great trick is to use it to keep lipstick off your teeth and also in place of shaving cream!
Vaseline Lip Scrub via Tips 4 Her
50 Ways To Use Vaseline Video Tutorial
We have included a video tutorial that outlines 50 Vaseline Uses in 5 minutes. This video has had 8 million views and we have outlined the tips further down our post. We highly recommend that you view the video, you will not believe the great ideas that the Vlogger has come up with for you. Click play below ⇓
1. Put a coat on your eyelashes before you go to bed. Lots of people swear by this — and say it will make your lashes grow longer and thicker over time.
2. Put a coat of Vaseline on your feet at night, cover them with socks and wake up to softer feet — every day!
3. Put Vaseline on your elbows every day — they will stay soft!
4. Put Vaseline on your cuticles several times a day for softer and better looking cuticles every day.
5. Put Vaseline on chapped lips
6. Use Vaseline as lip gloss
7. Mix a little Vaseline with a little Kool-Aid powder and make a colored and flavored lip gloss!
8. Melt Vaseline and one chocolate chip in the microwave, mix and let resolidify for chocolate lip gloss!
9. Maintains perfume scent longer when applied at perfume points before spritzing the perfume.
10. Can be used as a moisturizer for acne sufferers (it is a misconception that it clogs pores)
11. Moisturizes severe dry skin
12. Use Vaseline on your knees to prevent that dry, ashy look
13. Mix with sea salts to make a scrub!
14. Applying Vaseline on your teeth prevents lips from sticking to teeth for celebrities and contestants in beauty pageants who smile a lot
15. Applied on teeth before applying lipstick prevents lipstick from sticking on them
16. Massage, baby!
17. Warmed up can be used as a night cream
18. Makeup remover
19. Protects skin exposed to adverse weather
20. Applied under eye shadow it can create a shiny effect
21. Applied on cheeks for a dewy look
22. Can be used to smooth and soothe skin after shaving
23. Used in manicures under cuticles
24. Gets rid of dry skin lines which can arise from washing
25. Lubricates ear lobes and helps to make earring insertion easy and painless
26. Keeps fingernails pliable and resilient
27. Use with your lipstick to create a cream blusher for your cheeks
28. Helps to ease off stuck on rings
29. Tames unruly eyebrows
30. Defines eyelashes and leaves them with a glossy and waterproof look
31. Conditions scalp pre-shampooing
32. Can help prevent chaffing
33. Aids with healing after cosmetic surgery procedures
34. Reduces scaling and itching associated with dandruff
35. Theraputic when applied to lesions caused by poison ivy
36. Can help improve condition of those with atopic eczema
37. Helps heal and protect new tattoos
38. Can protect against harmful hair dyeing, perming and straightening chemicals when used as a mask around the hairline
39. Use a tiny dab to put a quick shine on your shoes and bags
40. Smear a tiny bit on your hands and scrunch through your hair for a choppy look
41. Use just a touch on the ends of your hair to hide dry and split ends
42. Remove makeup stains from clothing
43. Rub Vaseline on the neck of your nail polish bottles and they won’t get stuck to the caps
44. Make your week old nail polish look new again — rub a small dab over the polish.
45. Use a touch of Vaseline mixed with powder eyeshadow pigment to make new colors, or a more solid eyeshadow that won’t get all over your face when you put it on.
46. Stretch your favorite lotion by mixing it with Vaseline.
47. Put Vaseline on your lips, leave it a few minutes, then scrub your lips with a toothbrush to exfoliate and leave them SO smooth
48. Remove false eyelash glue from your lash line
49. Apply a small amount on dry spots on your body before fake tanning lotions are applied, and prevent uneven tanning!
50. Generously apply Vaseline all over before taking flights to combat associated dryness