Never forget a birthday or special occasion ever again! These Family Birthday Calendars are brilliant and they are such an easy diy. Every home needs one!
If you are anything like us, you have a long list of Birthdays to remember. Well we have the solution that will ensure that you will never forget a Birthday again! We love these brilliant Family Birthday Calendars and they are the perfect reminder.
As you can see from the pictures above and below, there are so many ways you can display them and of course so many uses. Make one for yourself and give one as a gift. There’s even one for the Grandparents. This is an inexpensive DIY you’ll love to try. Scroll our page and Pin your favourites and be sure to watch the video tutorial too.
Which is your favourite? You can make them in all sorts of colours and ways and then hang them in a favourite space in your place. If you would prefer to purchase one outright, you can find them on Etsy —> here
How To Make A Family Birthday Calendar Video Tutorial -:
We have included a video tutorial for you that shows you step by step how to make your own Birthday Board. We love the version that is featured as it has an interchangeable photo holder to remind you of the very next Birthday.
Click Play above to view and then continue scrolling for more inspiration ^^^
How To Make Family Birthday Calendar -:
- 1 1/2″ Dia x 1/8″ Wooden Circles – These don’t have to be circles, there are lots of other shapes out there. If you look around you can find a shape that suits. You will write the names and days of each person on the disk so buy as many or few as you need. Having extra for a growing family is a good idea.
- 26″ x 10″x 1″ (9.25 x .75) Board – Obviously if you’re hanging pieces are wider or narrower than 1.5″ then you may need/want to adjust the dimensions of the board.
- 5′ Wall Molding – The Blogger used thin, almost quarter round, molding as trim on the header board to give it a more finished, framed, look.
- Paint, various colors – The board and molding were painted one color, the disks another. You may also want to paint designs or words onto the header board and/or pieces. Priming the header board and molding is strongly recommended.
- Spackle – Used to fill gaps in the molding corners and holes in the header board’s surface.
- 12x Eyelet Screws – These have an eyelet on one end and a small screw on the other, you need one for each month.
- S-Hooks – Essentially two hooks attached at one end forming an S shape, used for hanging the name pieces. You need one for every piece you want to hang plus a couple extras for future expansion.
- Wood Glue – For attaching the molding.
- 2x Picture Hangers – There are several ways to hang this, this is just one.
- Decorative Stuff – Paint pens for writing on the disks, stencils for lettering the board, etc. This is going in your home, let your style and creativity shine.
- Drill and Bits
- Sand Paper
- Palm Sander – Optional but it is much easier than sanding everything by hand.
- Painting Equipment
- Miter Box
- Fishing Line – Floss or very small gauge string will work too.
Christeneys Crafts has done a great job of their Family Calendar
Another great idea, we love this, view the tutorial now —> How to make Grandkids Sign
Another great example of the Grandkids Sign from My Simple Obsession
Looking for more ideas? View this great idea now —> Family Photo Wall Clock