Make your own bubble blowing mix
The best bubble mix recipe ever! Make your own bounty of beautiful bubbles.
- 7 parts water
- 3 parts detergent (Morning Fresh Original works well)
- 1 part glycerine (from supermarkets or pharmacies)
- A suitable sized container with a tight-fitting lid for storage
- Wire coat-hangers or plastic-coated wire (eg. garden ties)
- Pour all of the ingredients into your storage container.
- Stir the mixture slowly and thoroughly.
- Let the bubble mix sit for as long as you can before using it. The longer you leave it, the better it will work.
- Bend the wire coat hangers into a variety of shapes such as circles, stars, triangles and squares. These are the ‘bubble wands’.
- Dip your bubble wand into the bubble mix, remove it and let any excess bubble mix drip into the container, then move the wand slowly through the air to make beautiful bubbles!
Handy hint: Your bubbles will last longer in moist air. If you are trying to make bubbles on a dry day or in an air-conditioned room, try spraying water in the air to make your bubbles last longer.