It doesn’t get cuter than these Ladybug Painted Rocks and they will add lots of personality to your garden beds ..
You will never look at a Rock the same way again! You can turn them into all sorts of amazing things like these Mandala Painted Rocks that are hugely popular on our site! We have shared a number of projects including Painted Owl Rocks and also Rock Garden Markers for your Fruit and Veggie patch. Nothing compares to the cuteness of Ladybug Rocks and they will certainly bring personality to your home and garden.
The best part is they are very easy to make and the ones above are made by the very talented Amanda of ‘Amanda’s Crafts’. We have included a video tutorial from her further down our post. Be sure to check it out.
Like what you see? Why not join up to receive our Newsletter .. you’ll get all our best content straight to your Inbox, several times a week. You’ll love it and it’s completely free! —> Join here
POPULAR POST ALERT! You will never look at Bowling Balls the same way again! You can turn them into adorable Ladybugs and other Critters. You are not going to want to miss these cuties —> View Here
How To Make Ladybug Painted Rocks
We have included a short video tutorial from Crafts by Amanda above. Click Play to view above and continue scrolling for more great ideas ⇑
- Smooth, round or oval rocks, washed and dried
- Acrylic craft paint in colors of our choice
- Black acrylic craft paint
- 2 wiggle eyes for each ladybug
- Black Sharpie marker
- Acrylic matte sealer spray
- White craft glue (Tacky Glue)
- Source – Parenting
How To Paint Ladybug Rocks
- Wash and dry the stones.
- Paint the stones red for realistic ladybugs or any other color for fantasy bugs. Put aside to dry. (Note: You can add another coat or two for more intense color, if desired.)
- Use black paint to make a half-moon shape along the top of the stone for the head.
- Use a fine-tip black marker to draw a line from the midpoint of the head down the center of the bug
- Tutorial courtesy ‘Lakeshore Learning’
You are going to love to make these super cute Golf Ball Ladybugs and they are very easy to make —> view them here
- Use the black paint again to add spots on both sides of the center line.
- When the paint dries, an adult should spray the stones with acrylic sealer spray.
- Set aside to dry.
- Attach wiggly eyes to each “bug” with white craft glue.
- Your ladybug is ready to celebrate spring!
You can display your Ladybugs in all sorts of creative ways. Don’t you just love this gorgeous Photo – it certainly gets the creative juices flowing!
We love this cute collection of Painted Rocks and don’t you love the turtle. Some people are so clever!
Here’s some more cheery chaps. We love the facial expressions on these Ladybug Rocks
‘Crafts By Amanda’ is responsible for these cuties and she has even made a short video tutorial to show you exactly how she made hers and what she used. You can find the full instructions and her video tutorial here
We found these very cute Painted Ladybug Rocks on Etsy and it gives you some further inspiration as to what you can do when you are looking for ideas to decorate your rocks.
Here’s another cute version of Painted Ladybug Rocks with beautiful scroll detail. They are available on Etsy here
POPULAR POST ALERT! You are going to love these Painted Garden Markers and they are ideal for your fruit and veggie patch. Check them all out now, you will love what you see! View Here
Here’s another tutorial showing you how you can make a more detailed Painted Ladybug Rock complete with wings and stripey body. You can see the steps in the photo above and whilst it’s a little more work, it’s still extremely easy. You can find the details here
Once you make your Ladybug Painted Rocks, you can then use them for this cute Tic Tac Toe Table. This is another easy DIY and you’re going to love the results. You can find the details here