It doesn’t get cuter than these Ladybug Painted Rocks and they will add lots of personality to your plants and your garden beds ..
You will never look at rocks the same way again! You can turn them into all sorts of amazing things and they are hugely popular on our site!
We have shared a number of projects including Owl Rocks and little compares to the absolute cuteness of Ladybug Rocks.
They will certainly bring personality to your home and garden. The best part is they are very easy to make and the ones above are made by the very talented ‘Amanda’s Crafts’.
How To Make Ladybug Painted Rocks Video
We have included a short video by Amanda. You are going to love how easy this project is! Click Play below to watch now ⇓
Painted Ladybug Rocks Supplies
- Smooth, round or oval rocks, washed and dried
- Acrylic craft paint in colors of our choice
- Black acrylic craft paint
- 2 wiggle eyes for each ladybug
- Black Sharpie marker
- Acrylic matte sealer spray
- White craft glue (Tacky Glue)
- Source – Parenting
How To Paint Ladybug Rocks
- Wash and dry the stones.
- Paint the stones red for realistic ladybugs or any other color for fantasy bugs. Put aside to dry. (Note: You can add another coat or two for more intense color, if desired.)
- Use black paint to make a half-moon shape along the top of the stone for the head.
- Use a fine-tip black marker to draw a line from the midpoint of the head down the center of the bug
- Tutorial courtesy ‘Lakeshore Learning’
- Use the black paint again to add spots on both sides of the center line.
- When the paint dries, an adult should spray the stones with acrylic sealer spray.
- Set aside to dry.
- Attach wiggly eyes to each “bug” with white craft glue.
- Your ladybug is ready to celebrate spring!
You can display your Ladybugs in all sorts of ways. Don’t you just love this idea from Shatenne
Painted Rocks via Colame
Here’s more cheery chaps from Colame
Painted Ladybug Rocks via Crafts By Amanda
‘Crafts By Amanda’ is responsible for these cuties and she has even made a short video tutorial to show you exactly how she made hers and what she used. You can find the full instructions and her video tutorial here
We found these very cute Painted Ladybug Rocks on Etsy and it gives you some further inspiration as to what you can do when you are looking for ideas to decorate your rocks.
Painted Ladybug Rocks with beautiful scroll detail via Etsy here
Painted Ladybug Rocks via Pietrevive
Here’s another idea showing you how you can make a more detailed Painted Ladybug Rock complete with wings and stripey body. You can see the steps in the photo above and whilst it’s a little more work, it’s still extremely easy.
Once you make your Ladybug Painted Rocks, you can then use them for this cute Tic Tac Toe Table. This is another easy DIY and you’re going to love the results. Details are here