If you have some old Tires hanging around your property, we have found the perfect way for you to use them. We love this awesome idea that we found on Buzzfeed. It’s a very quick video and you will love the gorgeous results. Click Play above ^
Tire Seats DIY Materials
- Old tire
- 200 ft / 60 m of rope
- Hot glue
- Industrial strength glue
- 2 wooden circles (17 in / 43 cm, and 15 in / 38cm)
- Foam of desired thickness
- Outdoor furniture fabric
- Staple gun
Tire Seats Instructions
- Wash tire thoroughly with how soapy water.
- Start hot gluing the rope to the top rim of the tire, and coil it down to completely cover the surface.
- Flip the tire over, and use industrial strength glue to attach the larger wooden board to the bottom.
- Let dry overnight.
- In the meantime, create the top cushion by cutting the piece of foam to size, and gluing to the smaller piece of wood.
- Secure the outdoor fabric to the wood piece by stapling a small section at a time around the edges. Trim the excess fabric.
- If desired, create a “tufting” effect on the cushion surface with your staple gun by creating an “X” with staples, and covering it with a button.
- Your tire seat is now complete, and is great for storing backyard toys, gardening tools, or pool supplies! Enjoy!
Thanks to Nifty and Buzzfeed for this great idea. Be sure to subscribe to their Youtube Channel Here