There is little that compares to the soothing smell of Lavender and now you can capture this wild fragrance in your Soap!
Who can ever walk past a Lavender bush without grabbing some buds, crushing them between your fingers and holding them up to your nose!
There is something about that smell that just puts you at one with nature. If you feel the same, you’ll be thrilled to discover that you can now make your very own Lavender Soap at home that is just so much better than store bought!
Our post includes a video tutorial to step you through the process plus we have included how to make Lavender Wands and some fun facts about Lavender that you may not know. Scroll our page all the way to the end so you don’t miss an idea.
10 Facts About Lavender You May Not Know -:
- 1. Queen Marie Antoinette of France is said to have decorated the royal palaces with lavender for its scent.
- 2. Lavender has the following properties: antibacterial, antidepressant, analgesic, antiseptic, cicatrizant, expectorant, nervice, and vulnerary
- 3. The lavender bud is covered in tiny hairs — that is what contains the essential oils
- 4. It takes 2-3 weeks to dry a bunch of lavender
- 5. It derives from “lavare” in Latin which means ‘to wash’
- 6. The Ancient Egyptians used lavender in the embalming process
- 7. The scent of lavender deters mice, flies, mosquitoes and other pests from the area
- 8. Back in the Elizabethan times, when baths weren’t common practice, lavender was used to perfume clothes and bed linen
- 9. In French classrooms teachers used to crush up lavender to calm disruptive and nervous students
- 10. Fresh or dried lavender is an excellent ingredient to cook and bake with — pork spice rubs, lavender custard, and lavender cookies just to name a few!
How To Make Lavender Honey Lemon Soap
We have found you a video tutorial that steps you through the process and shows you just how easy it is to make your own Lavender Honey Lemon Soap. Wrap in Cellophane and give as a beautiful homemade gift. Click ‘Play’ above to view video ⇑ Sarah Johnson is a very talented Blogger and she did a great job of her Lavender Honey Lemon Soap and the photo is just beautiful. You can almost smell the deliciousness!
This Rosemary Lavender Soap is another easy recipe that you will love and you can wrap in a piece of brown butcher paper with string and lavender. How pretty!
Lavender Soap Recipe
3 cups glycerin soap base 1/4 cup infusion of lavender flowers and rosemary leaves* 1 1/2 teaspoon, lavender oil 1/2 teaspoon rosemary oil 1 teaspoon pulverized dried rosemary
Stress Reliever Lavender Bath Salt Recipe
There is nothing better than a bath and this recipe from ‘Bathed By Nature’ will relax you instantly.
- 2 cups Epsom Salt
- 1 cup Sea Salt
- 15 drops Lavender Essential Oil