These Button Cookies have been big on Pinterest and everyone loves them! Whip up a batch for your family and friends!
We fell head over heels when we found these Shortbread Button Cookies and we know you will love them too.
Imagine making them as lovely homemade gifts for your family and friends. They are adorable and look so special. We have included a video to show you how to make your own at home. You are going to love how they turn out and how easy they are!
There are some great tips and tricks included in the video. You can use chopsticks to make the button holes or even a toothpick. You can also add a cute button edge with your cookie cutter. You can also make them in an assortment of colors if you like. Just add some food coloring. Be sure to watch the video while you’re here.
Scroll our page all the way to the end. We have included some cute ideas that you won’t want to miss. Be sure to Pin your favorites as you go.
How To Make Button Cookies Video
We have included a Video Tutorial that shows you how to make your own Button Cookies. Click Play above to watch ⇑
Button Cookies via Taste of Home
Button Cookies Ingredients
here’s what you’ll need ..
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- Assorted food coloring, optional
- Multicolored pull-and-peel licorice
Chocolate Button Cookies via Bakerella
Button Cookies Instructions -:
- In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners’ sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, salt and cardamom; gradually beat into creamed mixture. If desired, divide dough into portions; tint with food coloring. Refrigerate, covered, 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- Preheat oven to 350°. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. round cookie cutter. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. With the top of a 1/4-cup measuring cup dipped in flour, press an indented edge into each cookie. Using a plastic straw, cut out four holes near the center of the cookie.
- Bake 10-15 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Lace licorice through the holes in each button; trim licorice. Yield: about 3 dozen.