We are head over heels for this Caramel Banana Upside Down Bread Recipe and one look at the photos and you’ll be hooked too ..
This Caramel Banana Upside Down Bread Recipe is just like Nana used to make! This has all the hallmarks of a good old fashioned recipe and it is entirely droolworthy.
It gets rave reviews on the Daring Gourmet site and you are not going to be disappointed.
This is to die for! With a delicious thick Caramel Sauce and layer of bananas, it’s easy to make and tastes great! It’s the perfect use for those tired or over-ripe bananas that you were about to bin.
Caramel Banana Upside Down Bread Video
We have included a short video tutorial that will show you how to make your own Caramel Banana Upside Down Bread at home. To watch, click play below ⇓
Ingredients needed for Caramel Banana Upside Down Bread Recipe:
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into several pieces
- About 2 bananas, sliced in ¼ inch rounds
- ½ cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
- 1½ cup whole wheat flour
- ¾ cup white granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup mashed overripe bananas
- 2 large eggs
- ⅓ cup coconut oil or oil of choice
- ⅓ cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
For the Caramel Glaze:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- get full instructions here
Be sure to check out the equally delicious Banana Caramel Cake Roll, everyone is going mad for it and you will too. It’s another wonderful recipe you won’t want miss —> Get the details here