We are head over heels for this Caramel Banana Upside Down Bread and one look at the photos and you’ll be hooked to.
This Caramel Banana Upside Down Bread Recipe is just like Nana used to make! This has all the hallmarks of a good old fashioned recipe and it is entirely drool worthy.
It gets rave reviews on the Daring Gourmet site and you are not going to be disappointed. This is to die for! With a delicious thick Caramel Sauce and layer of bananas, it’s easy to make and tastes great! It’s the perfect use for those tired or over-ripe bananas.
Like what you see? Why not join up to receive our Newsletter .. you’ll get all our best content straight to your Inbox, several times a week. You’ll love it and it’s completely free! —> Join here
Caramel Banana Upside Down Bread
We have included a short video for you to view. Click play above ⇑
Here’s the Ingredients that you’re going to need ..
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into several pieces
- About 2 bananas, sliced in ¼ inch rounds
- ½ cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
- 1½ cup whole wheat flour
- ¾ cup white granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup mashed overripe bananas
- 2 large eggs
- ⅓ cup coconut oil or oil of choice
- ⅓ cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- For the Caramel Glaze:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- get full instructions here