Looking for something incredibly special for your next event? We have found the ultimate sweet treat and they are super sized ..
If you can’t get enough of Ferrero Rocher you’ll have to try these amazing Giant Ferrero Rocher Mousse Cakes.
They’ll serve 2 to 4 people for dessert. The delicious Chocolate Hazelnut Shell is filled with Chocolate Cake and Chocolate Hazelnut Mousse.
Imagine serving these up to your guests. Talk about the WOW factor! They would be great for Showers, Birthdays, Anniversaries – in fact, it’s worth having an event just so you can serve them.
Giant Ferrero Rocher Cake Video Tutorial
We have also included a video tutorial from Jen of Cookies, Cupcakes and Cardio and she has her own version also. We have included the details from her youtube station below. To watch the video, click Play below ⇓
Ferrero Rocher Cake Ingredients
- 750g Nutella
- 4x175g Hazelnut cookie wafers
- 2x 250 bite sized Hazelnut wafer cookies
- 2 cups roasted hazelnuts
- Hazelnut butter
- 1.5 lbs semisweet chocolate (melted)
1. In a food processor, crush large wafer cookies until chunky. Transfer crumbs/chunks to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment.
2. Add the nutella to the crumbs and mix on low until combined. Add 1/4-1/2 cup of the nuts and mix again.
3. Divide mixture in half, and place mixture in plastic wrapped lined ball pans or round bowls.
4. In a small bowl mix together 1/4 hazelnut butter and 1/4 hazelnuts.
5. Spray the outside of a 1/4 cup measuring cup, and press the cup into the centre of each of the mixtures to create a hole. Fill the hole with the hazelnut mixture.
6. Place the pans into the freezer to set, and they are able to be handled.
7. Once set, remove domes from the pans and wrapping and place one half onto a plate or cake board. Use melted chocolate to attach to the board, and melted chocolate in the middle to attach to each half.
8. Place a small amount of melted chocolate onto one of the small hazelnut wafer cookies and attach it to the outside of the ball. Start at the bottom and work around and up the ball. Cover the entire surface with the bite sized wafers.
9. Once covered in wafer cookies, cover in melted chocolate and nuts.
10. Serve and consume within 2-3 days.
The Ferrero Rocher Giant Mousse Balls are made by Elizabeth of Sugar Hero so be sure to have a really good look around her Blog, you are going to love what you see. She is incredibly clever and has all the very best ideas – a great talent!
Be sure to visit Elizabeth on her Blog and check out her Mousse Cakes version. It is different from the video version —> Get recipe here