We love anything one pan and nothing compares to this Loaded Potato Chicken Casserole Pinterest recipe ..
This Loaded Baked Potato and Chicken Casserole is quick, easy and delicious. It’s perfect comfort food for week- nights or impromptu get together’s.
Left-overs are even better the next day, if not demolished on the spot! This is a one pan dish that involves the layering of your ingredients. The creator of this dish is Dianne and she suffers IBS. She says she has a sensitive belly and a love of food. A tricky combination ..
She has been on a journey to get the right balance. She has started specializing in FODMAP Recipes and she has just written a book that features 100 delicious recipes.
When we read the comments section, a number of home cooks did mention that their potatoes failed to cook all the way through. Dianne has revised her recipe and suggested that you look at parboiling your potatoes prior to them going in the oven. This will ensure that they are cooked entirely.
Loaded Baked Potato and Chicken Casserole via Delicious as it Looks
A few also mentioned that the cream and butter made it a little watery. One of the home cooks, Jen, had this to say.
“I just made this, and it turned out SO well! I modified the heavy cream part after reading the reviews about it being too watery. I actually ended up just tossing the potatoes in the heavy cream in a bowl (separately from the chicken). I also omitted the butter (although it probably would’ve been a little better with it in retrospect). But, overall, I didn’t have any issues with it being too watery. Great recipe!”
Loaded Chicken and Potatoes via Wanna Bite
Loaded Potato And Chicken Casserole Video
We have included a video tutorial from ‘Wanna Bite for you’ – Click play above to watch them work their magic ⇑
- 3 – 4 medium russet potatoes, scrubbed and diced small
- (about 1.5 lbs. or 4 1/2 cups)*
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 4 slices bacon, cooked crisp, cooled and crumbled
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 green onions, sliced (green parts only for low-FODMAP/low-fructose)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup heavy cream (use 1/2 cup lactose-free milk whisked with 1 tablespoon gluten-free flour for low-FODMAP)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces