This is the famous Paula Deen recipe known as Wayne’s Beef Mac and Cheese and it’s a cinch to make and tastes great ..
You only have to look at the photo to know just how good this Mac and Cheese is going to taste. This recipe is officially titled ‘Wayne’s Beef Mac and Cheese’ and it’s real Man food!
It’s the ultimate comfort meal like Cowboy Casserole or even John Wayne Casserole. The best part is you only need a few simple ingredients that are probably hanging out in your fridge already.
It’s a delicious combination of beef mince, crushed tomatoes, onions, green peppers and smothered in cheese! It’s a very easy recipe that is a total crowd pleaser and it will be in high rotation in your home, that is for sure!
Wayne’s Beef Mac and Cheese Recipe
- (16 ounce) bag of large elbow macaroni
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups chopped green bell peppers
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 3 cups canned crushed tomatoes
- salt and pepper
- dried basil
- ground cumin
- dried oregano
- 2 -3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
We have included a video tutorial that shows you how to make Wayne’s Beef Mac and Cheese Recipe. Click Play above to watch now ^
How To Make Wayne’s Beef Mac and Cheese Recipe
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook the macaroni according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a skillet; add the peppers, onion, and garlic, and sauté until soft.
- Add the ground beef and sauté till browned.
- Add the tomatoes, salt and pepper to taste, and the basil, cumin and oregano.
- In a large bowl, combine the macaroni and the beef mixture.
- Spread this mixture into a 9X13-inch baking dish. Top with the cheese and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the cheese is lightly browned and bubbly.
- Note: can use ground turkey or chicken in place of beef.
- Images via Ruhlman video via Taste From Home