There’s a reason that this Gingerbread Cake Recipe is universally loved and we’ve found the Worlds Best version for you to make ..
Gingerbread Cake has quite the cult following. It’s a very simple, old-fashioned recipe that has that delicious dense texture.
It is the perfect accompaniment to a piping hot tea or coffee and a decadent dessert. It is also a very popular Holiday Recipe.
Gingerbread Cake via English Kitchen
In fact, McVities is a famous UK Brand that has their own line and the very recipe has been on ‘The Great British Bake Off’.
We have also included a Gingerbread Cake Video Tutorial for you.
Scroll our page to the end for all the information. This version has been served with a spicy Lemon Sauce. You will also love the easy and delicious 3 Ingredient Fruit Cake Recipe too.
Gingerbread Cake Video via Joyofbaking
Gingerbread Cake Recipe Video
See how to make a Gingerbread Cake that is moist and flavorful. It’s the perfect dessert for fall and winter. This recipe is also very adaptable. Although it contains lemon zest, you could use the zest of one orange. Toasted nuts, minced fresh ginger, or even crystallized ginger could also be added. Click Play above ^
The Photo above is from a re-branded Campaign for McVities famous Ginger Cake and we found the recipe on the BBC Good Food Site. This was sent in by a reader and is the Mary Berry Recipe from The Great British Bake Off. In the UK this Cake is often served with Custard. It can be buttered or have a scraping of marmalade. Whatever way you have it, you are going to love it!
All our research on the recipes that we have included for you suggest that the recipe is fail proof if you follow exactly the instructions, it turns out very moist with the perfect blend of spice and heat. The last thing you want is a dry gingerbread!
McVities Copycat Gingerbread Cake Recipe -:
- 250g/ 8oz softened butter (or margarine for lactose-free)
- 250g/ 8oz dark muscovado sugar
- Half of a 225g tin black treacle
- 375g/ 12oz plain flour
- 5 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 pieces stem ginger (crystallised/ from a jar) – optional
- 300ml/ half pt milk (unsweetened soya milk if lactose-free)
- 2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
How To Make Gingerbread Cake Recipe-:
- This mix makes enough to fill 2 x standard 7inch Victoria sandwich tins or 1 x 10inch diameter tin. Grease and base line your tin(s) with baking paper; preheat the oven to 160C/325F/Gas 3.
- Gently heat the margarine, sugar and treacle together in a pan, stirring until smooth. Allow to cool a little.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the flour and ground spices. Pour in the treacle mix and stir thoroughly to combine. Mince the stem ginger finely and stir with the eggs into the mix.
- Warm the milk gently in a saucepan, stirring gently to avoid it burning at the base of the pan. Add the bicarb of soda and let it foam a little. Stir into the gingerbread mixture until well blended.
- Pour into the prepared tin(s). Baking time: for 2x 7 inch cakes is 25-30mins (bake both together). For 1x 10inch cake bake for approx 1 hour or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- This cake keeps really well in an airtight tin, and actually improves over the first 2-3 days. Enjoy!
- This is apparently the Mary Berry Cake Recipe from The Great British Bake Off.
- Recipe: BBC Food Photo: The Drum
How To Make Best Gingerbread Cake-:
- 1 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 1 /2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 8 1/2 ounces of plain flour (2 cups)
- 2 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 10 fluid ounces of boiling water (1 1/4 cups)
- 2 fluid ounces of dark treacle
- 4 fluid ounces of Golden Syrup
- (you may use 6 ounces of mild molasses instead (3/4 cup)…I USED MOLASSES
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 6 Tbsp butter, softened
- 5.6 ounces of dark brown sugar (3/4 cup, packed)
- 1 large egg at room temp
- get full recipe here