It doesn’t get easier or more delicious than Sticky Date Pudding With Butterscotch Sauce. Be sure to watch the video tutorial too!
We’re not sure about you but Sticky Date Pudding is, without doubt, one of our absolute favorite desserts. In fact, we would go as far as to say there is never a time that is not right for Sticky Pud. It’s just soooo good!
That delicious Butterscotch Sauce is something to behold and a big dollop of cream or ice-cream tops it off perfectly.
The pudding is steamed in the oven. This process is the trick to making it spongy and extra moist. It’s the key to this recipe.
It also helps the Butterscotch absorb really well. If you are thinking that it’s a tricky dessert, think again. The recipe we are sharing with you today are individual Sticky Date Puddings which you can whip up in your muffin tin.
You could also make them in Mug form in your microwave. They really are so easy and the ultimate comfort food.
Sticky Date Pudding Video Tutorial
We have included a video that shows you how to make your Sticky Date Pudding with Butterscotch Sauce in a Blender. Yes, you heard right! If you think it’s a time-consuming recipe, think again, this is brilliant. To watch, click Play above ⇑
- 1 1/4 cups pitted dates, chopped
- 1 1/4 cups boiling water
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 60g butter, chopped
- 3/4 cup Soft Brown Sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 2 cups Brown Sugar
- 250ml cream
- 50g butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
Individual Sticky Pudding With Butterscotch Sauce via Food To Love
How To Make Pudding
- Preheat oven to 180ºC.
- Grease deep 20cm round cake tin, line base with baking paper.
- Combine dates, boiling water & soda in bowl. Stand for 5 minutes.
- Blend or process date mixture with butter and sugar until almost smooth, add eggs & flour, mixing until just combined.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake 45 – 50 minutes or until cooked through. Cover with foil during baking if over browning.
- Stand pudding 10 minutes before turning out of pan. Serve with Butterscotch Sauce poured over the top.
How To Make Butterscotch Sauce
- Combine all ingredients in medium pan, stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved and butter melted.