Have you discovered the amazing Swedish Sandwich Cake Recipe? It’s a definite must make that’s a real eye teaser, crowd pleaser!
Is it a Cake or is it a Sandwich? It’s a Swedish Sandwich Cake and it’s going to knock your socks well and truly off! This is a feast for the eyes and it’s perfect for get-togethers and Pot Lucks.
Your family and friends will never have seen anything like it. It’s perfect for gatherings, Pot Lucks, Game Day, anytime at all. It’s also super healthy too!
As you can see from the photos, anything goes! Layers of cucumber, sliced egg, radishes, salmon come together in a fresh and delicious taste sensation.
Swedish Sandwich Cake Recipe via Panini Happy
The final step is to “frost” the cake. The Blogger has used a mixture of cream cheese and sour cream. The Swedish Sandwich Cake is then decorated. You can use Parsley creatively to finish off your Cake by popping it over the frosting.
What others are reading
Please keep scrolling
The triple layer of bread with the fillings combined with the fresh ingredients makes this a unique and delicious alternative. It’s great for Lunches and Brunches.
Swedish Sandwich Cake Recipe Video
We have included a Video Tutorial to show you how to make your own Swedish Sandwich Cake. Click Play below ⇓
How To Make Swedish Sandwich Cake Recipe
- For the Bread Layers
- 50 grams (1 3⁄4 oz.) fresh yeast (or approximately 12 g—1 1⁄2 tbsp.—dried)
- 500 ml (2 cups) water at 37ºC/99ºF
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. dark syrup
- 2 tsp. cooking oil
- 165 grams (1 1⁄4 cup) whole wheat flour
- 380–450 grams (4 1⁄2–5 cups) all-purpose flour
For the Fillings and Garnish
- 300 grams (10 1⁄2 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 300 ml (1 1⁄4 cups) sour cream
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. freshly ground white pepper
- 1 1⁄2 tbsp. Dijon mustard, at room temperature
- 1 1⁄2 tbsp. mild mustard salt
- 100 ml (scant 1⁄2 cup) cooking oil
- 400 grams (14.1 oz.) cold-smoked salmon
- 1 egg, hard boiled
- Baby shrimp, cooked, peeled, and chilled, to garnish
- 1 (10-cm/4-inch) cucumber, sliced
- A few radishes, sliced, to garnish
- Romaine lettuce, shredded
- Chopped parsley, to garnish
- Butter, softened
- Mineral water
We’ve included your shopping list and you can find the assembly instructions here
According to the Blogger, it’s even better once the flavors have a chance to meld together, after a few hours in the refrigerator. This is very popular in Sweden and it’s easy to see why! You can find this version here but be sure you check out the version below too!
See why this seafood-laden Swedish Sandwich Cake is a hit!