Now you can make your own Easy Wagon Wheel Slice Recipe and we’ve included a video tutorial for you too ..
Who can resist fluffy Marshmallow and Raspberry Jam sandwiched with a Butter Biscuit base and topped off with dark Chocolate! Wagon Wheels are a family favorite and now you can make your own!
The butter for the base is browned instead of the traditional way of creaming it with the sugar. This results in an amazingly nutty, buttery Shortbread type biscuit. They are fun to make and taste great. Be warned, they are highly addictive! Wagon Wheels are a traditional Australian and British sweet treat and popular with everyone!
Wagon Wheel Slice -:
Steve from Steve’s Kitchen is back again to share his Wagon Wheel Recipe and video with us. Continue scrolling to view.
Prep Time 20 Minutes
Cook Time 20 Minutes
Oven Temperature 180C, 350F
Wagon Wheel Slice Ingredients
- 2.5 cups of All Purpose / Plain Flour
- 1/2 a cup of Sugar
- 1 cup of Butter
- 1/2 a cup of Raspberry Jam
- A Packet of Marshmallows
- 9oz, 300g of Chocolate
Wagon Wheel Slice Video Tutorial -:
It’s easy to make your own Wagon Wheel Slice. Here’s Steve’s recipe. He used a 9inch / 23cm square baking tin. Start off by placing the flour, sugar and butter in a bowl.
Wagon Wheel Slice Instructions
- Using your fingertips rub together to form fine breadcrumbs.
- Then continue to press together so you form a smooth soft dough.
- Line the baking tin with baking paper allowing the paper to stand high of the sides so you can remove the slice easily when ready to serve.
- Pre-heat the oven 180C / 350F.
- Place the dough into the tin and gently press so it completely covers the base.
- I used a small palette knife to get a nice smooth top to my shortbread dough.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool a little.
- Pour on the jam and spread evenly over the shortbread.
- Use scissors to cut the marshmallows in half and place them on to the jam. Cover the surface completely.
- Place back into oven for about 5 mins to allow the marshmallows to puff up.
- Remove from the oven and use the back of a spoon or a palette knife to press down on the marshmallows to flatten them a little.
- Pour the chocolate melts into a small bowl and heat over a saucepan with a little water to allow the chocolate to melt.
- Once melted pour over the marshmallows and completely cover the whole slice. Tap the baking tin gently on the work surface to allow the chocolate to become nice and level.
- Place in the fridge to set.
- Once set remove from the baking tray by lifting the baking paper out of the tin.
- Use a sharp knife to slice into bars.
- Your Wagon Wheel slice is now ready to Eat. Yum Yum!!